DBX 286S Microphone Pre-Amp Processor
The dbx® 286s is a full featured Channel Strip Processor that delivers a studio quality microphone/instrument pre-amplifier and four processors that can be used independently or in any combination. Why mic up vocals and instruments through a noisy, blurry mixer? The sonically pristine dbx 286s Mic Preamp has all the features you need, including wide-ranging input gain control, switchable +48V phantom power, and an 80Hz high-pass filter to remove low frequency hum, rumble or wind.
• Enhancer increases the detail and definition of the high and low frequencies
• Frequency tunable De-Esser reduces sibilance and high frequency distortion
• Classic dbx Compression puts great sound within easy reach
• Insert jack allows you to add an external processor
• Studio quality Mic Preamp/Channel Strip Processor
• Full compliment of meters and status LEDs
• Program adaptive Expander/Gate
• Precision detented controls
• +48V Phantom Power
• Enhancer LF Detail Characteristic ~ Bell-shaped boost @ 80Hz, bell-shaped cut @250Hz, ratio is approximately 2:1
• Enhancer HF Detail Characteristic ~ Program-controlled shelving equalizer, approximately 15dB maximum HF boost
• Compressor Attack Time ~ Program-Dependent; >1s for small level increases, down to 10ms for larage increases
• Noise ~ <-80dBu unweighted (20Hz-20kHz); Both Gain Controls set for 0dB, all processing controls OFF
• Compressor Release Time ~ Program-Dependent; adjustable between approximately 1dB/sec and 75dB/sec
• Compressor Distortion ~ Typically <0.05%THD, 20Hz-20kHz, 15dB G/R, +10dBu Output, DENSITY @ 0
• Expander/Gate Attack Time ~ Program-Dependent, approximately 2mS (at maximum attenuation)
• Mic Preamp Phantom Power ~ +48VDC, applied to XLR pins 2 and 3 through 6.81kΩ resistors
• Mic Preamp Equivalent Input Noise (EIN) ~ -125dBu, 22Hz-22kHz, 150Ω source impedance
• IMD ~ SMPTE: <0.05%; 60Hz/7kHz 4:1, 15dB G/R, +10dBu Output Level, DENSITY @ 0
• Insert Noise ~ <-84dBu, unweighted (20Hz-20kHz); LINE GAIN Control set to 0dB
• De-esser Release Time ~ 12dB/octave Program-Dependent; approximately 1mS/dB
• Operating Voltage ~ DO: 120VAC 60Hz, 100VAC 50/60Hz; EU: 230VAC 50/60Hz
• Expander/Gate Release Time ~ Program-Dependent, approxiamtely 10mS/dB
• Compressor Ratio ~ >4:1 For input levels beyond 20dB above threshold
• Insert Connector ~ 1/4" TRS: Normalled; tip is Send, ring is Return
• THD ~ <0.08%THD, 20Hz-20kHz, +10dBu, all Processing Controls OFF
• De-esser Frequency Range ~ 800Hz to 10kHz High Pass, 12dB/octave
• Output Connectors ~ 1/4" Balanced/Unbalanced TRS Connectors
• Mic Preamp Connector ~ XLR Floating balanced, Pin 2 Hot
• Input Impedance ~ (line) 10kΩ unbalanced, 20kΩ balanced
• Insert Impedance ~ >5kΩ (ring-return); 100Ω (tip-send)
• Input Connectors ~ (line) Floating balanced, TIP Hot
• Insert Max Level ~ >+21dBu; >+20dBm (600Ω load-tip)
• Max Input ~ (line) >+21dBu, balanced or unbalanced
• Insert Distortion ~ <0.01% THD, 20Hz-20kHz, +10dBu
• Mic Preamp max input level ~ 0.2Vrms, Gain = 30dB
• De-esser Characteristic ~ Wideband Gain Reduction
• Output Impedance ~ 100Ω unbalanced, 200Ω balanced
• Frequency Response ~ 20Hz to 20kHz, +0.5, -0.5dB
• Compressor Threshold Characteristic ~ OverEasy®
• Expander/Gate Ratio ~ Adjustable 1.5:1 to 10:1
• Expander/Gate Dynamic Range ~ Typically 105dB
• Expander/Gate Threshold Range ~ OFF to +15dBu
• Compressor Threshold Range ~ -40dBu to +20dBu
• Input Gain Range ~ (line) -15dB to +45 dB
• Max Output ~ >+21dBu, >+20dBm (600Ω load)
• Gain Adjustment Range ~ -30dB to +10dB
• Operating Temperature ~ 32°F to 113°F
• Dimensions ~ 4.5cm x 14.6cm x 48.5cm
• Shipping Weight ~ 6.54 lbs/2.97 Kgs
• Mic Preamp Input Impedance - ~4.2kΩ
• Expander/Gate Max Depth ~ >50dB
• Mic Preamp gain ~ 0dB to +60dB
• CMRR ~ >40dB, typically 55dB
• Power Consumption ~ 15W
• Max Compression ~ 30dB
We can ship to virtually anywhere. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes and products page. Our usual shipping time is 3 - 9 business days. It can take up to 2 days to verify payment.
The customer will be charged for shipping at the same time of purchase of product ~ if product is not listed as free shipping ~ . A tracking number will be sent to the customers email as soon as the order is shipped out. We generally ship out orders depending on product availability. We will periodically send updates of the orders location along the shipping route to the customers email.
We go by the shipping/delivery information that the shipping company sends us as well as displays on their website. If the information they display says that your package has been safely delivered, then that is the final determination that we will go by. If a customer claims to have not received an order, we will refer back to the proof of delivery that is displayed on the shippers website as the final verdict of proof of delivery and the customer must take up their concerns with the shipping company.
To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, FedEx, UPS, DHL, etc. do not deliver on the weekends.
We work very hard to ensure that we offer the absolute best prices online. If you find another online store that offers a lower price and offer then us within 2 weeks of your purchase date please let us know and we will refund you the difference in price. We want you to feel confident that you are getting the absolute best price for the product you are ordering. If you find that our own website has a lower price for the same item you have ordered within 2 weeks of your purchase date will refund the difference as well.
To request your partial refund simply e-mail us a link to the same product on our website, or on our competitors website within 2 weeks from the date of your order and we will process the credit accordingly.
Our 100% Price Guarantee has some limitations:
- You must purchase the item from our website before requesting your Price Match Guarantee
- Promotions such as rebates and buy one, get one free offers are not eligible
- The item must be in stock on the competitors website
- The competitor must be an online store, they may not have a retail location.
- The website can not be a discounter or auction website (ie; eBay, overstock, etc..)
- The competitor must be an Authorized Retailer of the product in question
- The Price Match Guarantee includes the item price and the shipping charges, it excludes sales tax
- Excludes custom made products